The QL-850 is a high productivity, tabletop, color, durable wide-format label printer designed with the most advanced inkjet technology on the market today. Featuring Natura™ durable safer for food inks, the QL-850 delivers exceptionally durable labels designed to be 3x more resistant to the effects of water than similar inks. Additionally, Natura inks provide 3x more lightfastness on both glossy and matte coated media for inkjet. Meanwhile, delivering a more neutral black for additional color accuracy. Safer for you, safer for food labels, safer for the environment. Natura inks also deliver outstanding print performance while reducing the cost per label.
This durable wide-format label printer is capable of printing single-across labels ranging from 2” to 8.3” in width with precise image placement allowing for full-bleed printing on a wide range of custom shape labels. Label transport is carefully maintained and synchronized with each print ensuring the highest quality output possible.
Simple to install, operate, and maintain, the QL-850 features Windows-compatible print driver, utility and status monitor software. So, this allows a seamless integration into a wide range of label production workflows. Moreover, a low-cost, single printhead allows your operator to rapidly change, ensuring you keep up with the most demanding production schedule.
Includes a full set of CMYK ink cartridges with a QL-850 purchase. Also, start printing labels right away with our online tutorial videos!
Every QL-850 also includes one free license to CQL Pro, our advanced labeling software that allows users to design, manage, and print their labels effortlessly. Quicklabel’s Application Engineers stand ready to help you find the right solution for your color labeling needs.
Ideal for: food and beverage, chemical, nutraceutical, hardware, medical device and more.
- High-Performance Natura dye ink delivers exceptional quality and exceptional durability at a low total cost of ownership
- Outstanding 1600 dpi print and color quality without the need for extensive image editing or complicated RIP software
- High-capacity roll-to-roll printing with automatic printhead maintenance, ensuring consistent quality and color throughout long print runs
- Built-in automatic cutter with user-specified intervals to synchronize print jobs with production needs
- Compact, desktop design with fully integrated label supply easily fits within small production cells
- Ink Type: High Performance Natura™ Dye ink, (4) individual CMYK cartridges
- Print Resolution: 1600 x 1600 dpi, 1600 dpi x 800 dpi
- Print Speed: 6 ips (152 mm/sec) at 1600 x 1600 dpi; 12 ips (305 mm/sec) at 1600 x 800 dpi
- Print Area: Width: 2″ (51 mm) – 8.3″ (211 mm); Length: 1.0″ (25 mm) – 30.0″ (762 mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Reflective (bottom-only), Continuous; Non-adjustable/fixed sensors
- Connectivity: USB 2.0; 10/100 BaseT Ethernet, RJ-45 connection
- Software: QL-850 Windows® 10/8/7, Server 2012/2008, 64/32-bit driver
CQL Pro Software label creation and print management program suite or NiceLabel® software (optional)
- Ink Cartridges: QuickLabel® QL-850 CMYK Natura™ dye cartridges, 250 mL each
- Maintenance Cartridge: 2,000 maintenance operations or approximately 2 million linear inches; Near full warning at approximately 80% full
- Ink Type: High performance, water-based dye inks with extra wide color gamut that produce true-to-life color when combined with QuickLabel approved media
- Width: 2.1″ (54 mm) – 8.4″ (214 mm)
- Length: 1.1″ (29 mm) – 30.1″ (765 mm)
- Thickness: 5.5 mil (0.140 mm) – 7.5 mil (0.191 mm)
- Roll Size: 8″ OD (203 mm) QuickLabel paper and synthetic labels on 3″ ID
(76 mm) core
- Types: Gloss Paper, Matte Paper and Synthetic pressure-sensitive; Paper Tag Stock
Environmental & Physical:
- Printer Operating: 41º F to 95º F (5º C to 35º C), 20% to 90% Relative Humidity (noncondensing). Printer should be installed on level surface with no more than 1º tilt in any axis
- Power Requirements: 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz, 2.6A
- Power Consumption: Operating: 260W (max) Idle: 60W (max)
- Dimensions: 23.7″ L x 20.3″ W x 20.8″ H (602 mm x 515 mm x 528 mm)
- Weight: 64 lbs. (29.0 kg) without supplies; 70 lbs. (31.8 kg) with supplies; 83 lbs. (37.6 kg) shipping
- Optional Accessories: Automatic Label Roll Rewinder and Unwinder
- One-Year Manufacturer’s Parts & Labor Warranty on printer (excludes wear parts and consumables)